- NCBE publishes annual statistics on bar examinations and admissions in all US jurisdictions. The statistics, published annually in the Bar Examiner magazine, also include summary statistics and score distributions for the administrations of the Multistate Bar Examination (MBE) and the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) and are available on the Statistics page of NCBE's Bar Examiner website.
Bar Exam Results by Jurisdiction
- As jurisdictions release their results following each bar exam administration, NCBE publishes the percentage pass rates reported by each jurisdiction.
View February 2021 Bar Exam Results
- NCBE has appointed a Testing Task Force charged with undertaking a three-year study to ensure that the bar examination continues to test the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for competent entry-level legal practice in a changing profession. The Task Force is scheduled to complete its study by the end of 2020.
- NCBE’s Technical Advisory Panel of measurement experts provides technical and psychometric guidance to NCBE’s research staff and to the Testing Task Force.
- Joe E. Covington Award for Research on Testing for Licensure: NCBE's annual Joe E. Covington Award for Research on Testing for Licensure is intended to provide support for graduate students in any discipline doing research germane to testing and measurement, particularly in a high-stakes licensure setting.