IMPORTANT: Since jurisdiction rules and policies change, you are strongly advised to consult the jurisdiction's bar admission agency directly for the most current information. Note that many jurisdictions are making emergency changes to rules, policies, and exam administrations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit NCBE COVID-19 Updates for more information.
The information provided on this page is drawn from the Comprehensive Guide to Bar Admission Requirements. Links are provided to specific charts in the Guide; each chart is followed by jurisdiction-specific supplemental remarks. Please consult both the chart and its remarks for complete information. (Information last updated Apr 11, 2022.)
- UBE Adoption: Yes
- UBE First Administration Date: July 2017
- UBE Minimum Passing Score: 270
- UBE Jurisdiction-Specific Component: No
Oregon Bar Exam Components
- The Multistate Bar Examination (MBE): Yes
- The Multistate Essay Examination (MEE): Yes
- The Multistate Performance Test (MPT): Yes
- Jurisdiction-Drafted Exam: No
Character and Fitness Investigations
This jurisdiction does not use NCBE's character and fitness services; please contact Oregon for filing instructions.
Bar Admission Agency
Oregon State Board of Bar Examiners
16037 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd.
Tigard, OR 97281-1935
Phone: (503) 431-6310Visit Website