NCBE Character and Fitness Application*
NCBE strongly recommends completing the NCBE Character and Fitness Application online.
- Not all jurisdictions use the NCBE Character and Fitness Application. Before starting the application process, please check with the jurisdiction to which you are applying to see if it accepts this application. Contact information for the jurisdictions can be found in the Bar Admission Offices Directory on the home page.
- To revise or amend your previously submitted Character and Fitness Application, please see the Character and Fitness page.
*Completing and submitting this application to NCBE does not constitute a completion of the application process for admission to the bar.
You MUST create a new account for EVERY application you submit, whether it is a supplemental application to the same jurisdiction or a new application to a different jurisdiction.
1. Create a new account by clicking on the Create Account link. Read and accept National Conference of Bar Examiners Online Applicaiton License Agreement.
2. Choose the correct jurisdiction associated with new account from drop-down menu. (Note: Specific jurisdictions use a modified version of the Standard NCBE Character and Fitness Application).
3. Enter valid e-mail address and preferred username, select "register" to submit. You should receive an e-mail within a few minutes with your password.
4. Enter username and password. Select "log in".
- Select "Transfer Data from Another Application" (Data transfers must occur before selecting "Begin Online Application.") You will be prompted to log in to the previous account containing the data you want to transfer. NOTE: You are not able to transfer data to or from a Michigan (Admission by Exam), Missouri, or North Carolina application.
- Select "Begin Online Application" NCBE strongly recommends completing the NCBE Character and Fitness Application online. (An option to print a blank copy of the application will be available after logging in. If you wish to print and complete a manual application, first contact NCBE or the jurisdiction to which you are applying to confirm which application version is required.)
Sample NCBE Character and Fitness Application (Not for submission, reference only)